2) Software updates: Like the Windows, applications also have to be updated with the latest version. You need to check regularly for wear and tear in the software that your system runs. Web browsers and web-based programs have to be upgraded constantly so hackers do not get their hands on the private and confidential data, stored in your system.
3) Antivirus Software: If your system is being connected to the internet regularly and you run without antivirus software on it, it is almost impossible for hackers not to get attracted to it. In case you do not have antivirus software, get your hands on one as soon as possible. If you already have one, upgrade it to its latest version and check if the settings are properly defined.
4) Anti-spyware Software: Even though the digital situation looks pretty grim, it still isn’t as bad as the days when Bonzi Buddy and Cool Websearch made PC users have nightmares. This is because of anti-spyware software that have shielded the tech world from malicious attacks on the security.
5) Swap your Windows-based system for a Macintosh: The whole tech world knows that Mac’s OS X has the largest number of limitations as compared to other computer operating systems. The truth is that most hackers do not bother breaking into a Mac. This is the reason Mac still makes space for itself in the list of secure computer operating systems, despite its shortcomings.
6) Hacker-Controlled websites: Usually sites that offer free downloads,online games etc. are operated by hackers. It is almost given that you avoid dangerous places especially if you have valuables on your PC. The same goes for the mechanical world. Steer clear of sites that look suspicious or require you to download something which is not needed.
7) Data Backup: Create a backup for all the important data that you have on your system. Apart from hackers and system crashers, other mishaps may spell out death for your hard drives. A tech storm can easily sweep away every bit of data in your system. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.